Sunday, October 16, 2011

United in prayer

My pastor has been preaching a series of messages on prayer for the Sunday evening services.  This has been a great series for me.  Mainly because I think my prayer life always needs improving. 

Tonight's focus was being united in prayer as a church family, but also as a body of believers.  I have an amazing family (physical).  I have two wonderful Christian parents who raised me to love God and accept His gift of salvation.  I also have 6 brothers and sisters - all of them are believers.  Those 6 siblings have married believers too.  We are up to 14.  Now, 5 of those siblings have children, and if I'm not mistaken all of their children have accepted Jesus as their Savior too.  I do have one great niece who we are praying will accept that gift soon :)  Having this amazing family is very special to me.  Not everyone has had the opportunity to see God work in many ways in their life. 

I love that God has given me this precious gift of a family.  Next month we will be gathering for our annual Buckeye Christmas celebration.  This annual celebration is one of my favorite times.  I love how we all get together and catch up on each others events and lives (even though we try to email weekly about what's happening).  I also love how we are related not only by blood (and marriage), but by God's blood too.  I can't imagine living my life without a Christian family...supporting me in unity of prayer.

No comments: