Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Discerning the Voice of God

So I'm reading a book by Priscilla Evans Shirer. It's entitled "Discerning the Voice of God."  I have been reading it on and off for awhile, but as I read a little tonight I wanted to share something that I read about waiting.

My song of the moment is "Waiting Here For You" by Christy Nockels from the Passion CD "Wait For You." The verse was quoted in this chapter Psalm 5:3 "Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.  Each morning, I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly."  Priscilla is telling the story of Habakkuk and how he waits for God's voice. She writes the following:

"I must admit that waiting to hear from God is difficult for me.  But I've begun to see that the process of waiting for a message from God is often just as important as the message itself. As I wait, my faith grows.  The waiting prepares me to receive the message that's coming and to respond in obedience. In some cases, the intimacy that I develop with God wile waiting is the message."  
That last line really hit me.  It's talks of an intimacy that can be developed while waiting on God to speak to us and how that can be more important than the answer itself.  I have seen that in my life.  Sometimes not getting the answer, but knowing that I can trust God to supply the answer in His time can be what gets me through the waiting process.  I know that I can trust God in that because he has done that in the past.  I'm thankful for this and to be able to see how the waiting process can help a relationship is something that I can take to other areas in my life where I'm waiting.

Praise God! He is able to be trusted!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back on. Thanks. I am praying for you. Love you