Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year

Well...it's the end of 2011.  I am sitting at my friends' house playing in a wii bowling tournament.  I'm actually waiting to play because we only have a few remotes.  This is the way I spent last year.  Sitting with my friends and enjoying the end of 2010.  These people are the people who know me well.  They know my down falls, yet still love me.  They are my true friends who have seen me at my worst and still accept me.  If I didn't have these friends I don't know where I would be in my life.  It's been an interesting year that we have gone through.  In January we all had made some decisions to get healthier and lose weight.  Each of us started in a different way, but Ginger, Mary and I began Weight Watchers in February.  My friend Kathi met a major goal this year.  She has shunk almost half her size.  She has encouraged others in this journey too...by creating a Fit and Faithful Group.  Her husband Ben has lost a lot of weight too and has been really good with running 5Ks.  

I also have an amazing family that really encouraged me in this journey.  My sister Mary who inspired me to begin my journey by her example.  Not only by the example, but also by her words of encouragement when I wanted to quit. 

I have found a new love in my life...ZUMBA!  I began a certified instructor this year to help me along my journey.  It has been a really great help to me.  Due to this certification, I have been able to help out my Zumba granny because she has had to take some time off from instructing for health reasons. 

Because this is the end of 2011...I'd like to share my resolutions for the year 2012.

1. Read my bible daily - I'd like to read through it, but I'm just going to attempt to get the daily part, because sometimes I get behind on that reading.
2. Workout - Zumba (2 to 3 times a week) and add some type of strengthening workout - yoga or Jillian Michaels ripped in 30.
3. track daily - I have not been tracking with Weight Watchers, my goal this year is to track daily.
4. drink water- at least 8 - 8 oz each day.
5. Journal in my blog - both this one and the Biggest Loser one.  I like to use this one for my spiritual blog and the Biggest Loser for the weight loss journey.
6. Save money each pay check.  I want to do better at saving and not wasting my money.

These are what I have so far.  I may add some before the end of January.  Until next time...

No comments: