Saturday, February 18, 2012

Resolution for Women - Surpringly Satisfied

I had started this book awhile back, but got distracted with the holidays. Now that things have calmed down, I have decided to begin this journey again. Chapter 1 is titled "Surprisingly Satisfied" which really goes along with the waiting theme of 2012. Priscilla quotes from Philippians 4:11-13 "I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know both how to have a little, and I know how to have a lot. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being content -- whether we'll fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need. I am able to do all things through Himi who strengthens me." She later says "Your God can be trusted to grant you the supply you need to excel at His purposes. So if you don't need it -- whatever it is -- it's because you don't need it. You may want it, but it's not necessary in order to accomplish what He knows is most important for your life today. Otherwise He'd have given it to you. He loves you too much to "withhold the good from those who live with integrity". (Ps. 84:11) As I read this paragraph my thoughts went to my want of a husband. I recently signed up on a Christian dating site, and so far it has not been the best of experiences. I think from this study I know why...I don't need a husband to do what I am doing for the Lord. I may want one, but that doesn't mean I need one now. So I think I am see if I can get my money back and just enjoy this time in my life of being single and not worrying about looking for someone to spend my life with...God will provide in His timing if it's His will.

1 comment:

Billie Evanich said...

DeeJay, wow that hit me hard too in my want for children. Thank you for sharing this. I admire you so much- you are such a strong and beautiful woman of God. :) praying that we can both fully embrace our current situations and be satisfied anyway! Love you! :)