Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Resolution for Women

Well, I have met with my accountability partner in my study of the Resolution for Women.  We are just in the second resolution which is...
2. I WILL CHAMPION God's model for womanhood in the face of a profeminist culture.  I will teach it to my daughters and encourage its support by my sons.


I received a comment on the original post where I listed the 13 different resolutions.  At that time, I hadn't actually read and studied them yet, just listed those listed in the introductory chapter.  Well...I did receive a comment from a guy who stated the following...

This resolution is very self oriented. I would be saddened if this caught on and would considered in the same breath as the resolution. You get to number 10 before mentioning your husband. The resolution puts God, wife, and family in number 1. I dont think that is biblically sound. Sorry for a negative review but I don't like the selfish, feminist spin poured on this. God bless...


I understand where he is coming from...from the sound of them they do look like the wife is put first in the statements, but as I have been studying them, I have found that we have to build a foundation of what God expects of women before we can relate to our husband (future husband in my case).  The first resolution stated that I resolve to be content in the season that God has placed me.  This sounds like it's just between God and wife, but actually when we understand that God has placed us in situations and seasons where things are not on our time table we are able to roll with the punches...thus being able to fulfill our duties to the husband.

The second resolution talks about champion God's model for womanhood in the face of a profeminist culture.  This is how we are to be submissive to the husband.  God has placed the home to be God, husband, then wife.  Women in the profeminist culture think it's beneath a women to be submissive to the husband, but God has placed this unit for our good. Not to demean us...God values a woman as a treasure, a precious jewel.  It may not say anything about the husband until resolution 10, but he is showing up in every resolution ... if studied deeply.

This explanation may not change the persons mind...but I felt it important to explain on my behalf and since this is MY blog to help me in my growth as a Christian woman, I felt I needed to track it.  I thank God that He is using this book to help me...but our number one source is the Bible.  God has given us His Word guide us in our life.



No comments: