Sunday, December 30, 2012

Difficult Day

I know Sundays should not be titled "difficult," but today mine was.  I woke up in plenty of time for church.  Got myself ready for church, then cleaned off the cars (mine and mom's).  Then went out to start my car and...nothing!  Absolutely nothing.  

I came back in and mom gave me her keys to use her car.  She wasn't feeling well and their church was canceled this morning, so I headed out.  It's weird driving a car that you aren't used to.  I love my SUV...I love how I sit up high in it.  Mom's car is not high...I felt like I was dragging on the road :) but I'm thankful her car was working and able to take me to worship.

Thankfully, I have been learning about peaceful living.  Basically not letting my circumstances rule my life.  You know the saying, when life gives you lemons...make lemonade!  Well, I went out around 4 pm, to try to jump my car. I turned my mom's car on, opened the hood, then just looked.  Crazy! I could not find the battery.  I knew where my battery was, but hers I couldn't find.  

A guy from my mom's church drove by and stopped to help me.  He was a really good friend of mine and I was glad that he came by.  After he started working on it, my uncle Ray came by. I can't tell you the happiness my mom had seeing those two men stop by to help her little girl.  She prayed right before they both came for me to know what to do or for someone to stop by to help...well her prayer was doubly answered.  

I still don't have my car working, but thankfully I can use my mom's car tomorrow to get to work.  After work, I'll have to see about getting my battery out of the car to take to the auto repair shop and see if they can test it or buy a new one.  

Yes, it's been a difficult day, but through this day God has surprised me.  I was to sing at my church tonight and even though this was going on, I was able to sing the song in my heart "One Child."  I was thankful to have the ability to sing and still see God in the craziness of life.  

Charles Swindoll has said "I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it."  I want to praise God through situation.  I want to give him glory even though it's not what I have asked for.

No comments: