Saturday, December 29, 2012

Getting ready for the new year - 2013

I usually try to make some resolutions for the new year.  Most of the time I don't keep them, but there is the rare occasion that I have kept one or two.  Like when I resolved the year I turned 33 that I wouldn't get married - of course, I was trying to break that one. LOL! :)  But in a serious one, I resolved the year of 2010 that I would lose weight.  It worked - I lost 30 pounds - and kept it off for over a year, but this year I unfortunately found those lost pounds.  So it's time to reflect and see what needs to change.

Insanity defined is "doing the same old things, but expecting different results."  I have learned this lesson and realize that to get different results...one must do some changing. I love the biblical application to this.  God doesn't change us before he saves.  He saves us - then he allows trials and testings to help to change us.  


I have decided to do 3 changes.  I like the number 3 and think it's a good number to work through this year.


1. to read through the Bible in a year.  I have always attempted to start, but always ended up reading in different ways.  So I have a check sheet.  I'm a person who doesn't like to just read through from Genesis to Revelation, but I like marking off chapters that I have read. So that's what I'm attempting this year.  To read through the Bible - I will keep you posted on how it goes.


2. I want to begin the 7 steps to Inner and Outer Beauty "Greater Health God's Way."  I have read part of this book before and have tried to implement what I have read, but never finished it.  I am actually going to try this year to work through the book.  I'll probably journal the book through here to help with success.


3. To track my eating and exercise via "My Fitness Pal."  I know I need to be accountable. I have this linked to my Facebook page and also have friends on it to help cheer me along.


Last year was called my "waiting" year.  I still believe God is teaching me by waiting upon Him, so I'll continue that theme as my word for the year...but I'm open to see what else He will be teaching me.


Until next time...


No comments: