Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year

Happy New Year! 2013 has began.  

Last night, I spent part of the evening at Royersville Missionary Baptist Church.  They had asked me to sing.  I was so excited for the opportunity to share with them.  I ended up singing "Psalm 139," "Need You Now (How Many Times)," "One Child," and "All is Well."  It was really fun being with their church family. I was able to catch up with some classmates from high school. The preacher who spoke was also a classmate  (a few years younger).  

My friend Sara came with me and momma.  I really was glad to have her with me.  She is such a great friend.  After the service, we came back to my house and watched "Facing the Giants."  What a great movie to watch at the end of one year and the beginning of a new one!  

My favorite quote from that movie is 
"I think He cares about your faith.  He cares about where your heart is.  And if you can live your faith out on the football field, then yes, God cares about football, because He cares about you.  He sent His son Jesus to die for us so we could live for Him.  That's why we're here.  But see, it's not just on the football fields, we've got to honor Him in our relationships, our respect for authority, in the classroom, and when you're at home alone surfing the internet.  I want God to bless this team so much that people will talk about what He did.  But it means we gotta give Him our best in every area.  And if we win, we praise Him. And if we lose, we praise Him.  Either way we honor Him with our actions and our attitudes.  So I'm askin' you...What are you living for?  I resolve to give God everything I've got, then I'll leave the results up to Him.  I want to know if you'll join me."  
I was glad to be reminded of this way of living at the beginning of the year, so that I can get my focus back to where it belongs.  

It was a nice way to ring the new year...being at church then watching "Facing the Giants."  I'm thankful that God allowed me to enjoy the time I had last night.

Well...that's all for now.  Hope you all have a great new year...and that 2013 brings you closer to God. 

No comments: