Monday, January 28, 2013

Jesus Was Here

Paul Colman shared this on his Facebook page.  I literally laughed out loud when I saw it.

It made me think about something my pastor brought out in the sermon on Sunday.  It was on "How to have a happy life and mourn" from Matthew 5:4.  He mentioned passages about mourning, but he also mentioned that the Bible doesn't record where Jesus laughed.  That being said in Ecclesiastes 3:4 it is recorded "a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;" Sometimes we are to weep and mourn, but there is a time to laugh, a time to dance.

My daddy had a balance of this laughter and seriousness.  He had a unique sense of humor and that was fun to have.  But he was also knowledgeable in the Word of God - had many scriptures memorized.  I remember someone mentioned his balance in life after the funeral.  We talked about how his funeral had tears, and laughter.  My brother shared a moment when daddy talked him about grace, and a good friend of mine shared a moment when daddy rapped a song by Justin Bieber at the table.  Both sides were my daddy.  Balanced!

This picture reminded me of something my daddy would have laughed at.  Jesus' first miracle was turning the water into wine.  I think it's great that Jesus' first miracle was to keep the party going.

No comments: