Saturday, August 31, 2013

Chris August - Unashamed of You


This is my new song of the moment.  I came across this on Chris August's Facebook.  When I first heard the song, it reminded me of my dad.  He loved the book of Romans from the Bible.  It was his favorite book.  He taught it to me in school (I got a B, but I took it again at a different school and got an A). I think I could have gotten an A with my dad, but he didn't want to do what he would do with his other students. 

My dad shared his love of the Word of God with us children.  The older I get the more I know the Bible is more than a book we need to read, but it's our life source.  It holds the key to redemption.  I love how the bible as a whole has Jesus all through out it. I am excited that I get to teach this again to the kids in my Sunday school class. I pray the children learn that Jesus loves them and wanted to be our payment for the sins we have committed.  


I hope you enjoy the song.  My favorite part is:


I will sing about Your love, I will shout it to the sky
I will tell of what You've done and when the people ask me why
I live my life this way I'll say that I am unashamed of 
The Gospel and the cross, the good news for the lost
The blood that spilled down Calvary's Hill
For what Your grace did and what Your grace does
Oh I am unashamed of Your name, Jesus!

I will sing about Your love, I will shout it to the sky
I will tell of what You've done and when the people ask me why
I live my life this way I won't deny that I've been changed
I'll point them to the one who saves, I'll say that I am unashamed of You

Mark 8:38 says "For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels."

Jesus wants us to be unashamed of Him, so He can be unashamed for us :) 


I Timothy 1:8 says "Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord or of me His prisoner, but join me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God."


Life is not easy after becoming a Christian, BUT it's totally worth it.  Jesus is with us, He's given his Holy Spirit for us as a HELPER to guide us through our life.  I'm thankful that He's always with me.


Romans 1:16 says "For I am not ashamed of the gospel for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes to the Jew first and also to the Greek."


I'm really thankful that my dad shared with me his love for God.  My heritage is a blessed one!


No comments: