Thursday, September 12, 2013

September Photo Challenge

I have been doing a September Photo Challenge for this month, and I have decided to share this challenge on this blog so I can add some detail.  To catch up, I will be posting the first 11 days in this post. 


Day 1 
Post something that inspires you. The Word of God.  This is a picture of a verse that God has been using to teach me about my words.  The verse is Ephesians 4:29.  One of my favorite groups used this verse for band name Building 429.  I love that song "Words" by Hawk Nelson.  It's important that we watch how we use our words to others around us. We need to use them to build up (even when we are giving criticism we need to use them in love). 
 Day 2 - Labor  Day activities - I spent Labor Day with a picnic with family.  My brother Tim Jayne had the family over for some really great food.  I was able to spend some much needed time with my great niece and great nephew.  We had funny goofying around with my camera.  Chloe is a joy and Thatcher is so funny...the look on his face is priceless :)
 Day 3 - Post your favorite shoes.  These are my current Zumba shoes. I really love them.  I got them when they came out in high top form.  Great ankle support :)
 Day 4 - Post a talent you have...singing.  I love to sing.  I LOVE singing for the Lord.  I don't sing just anywhere.  I have never sang in a bar or karaoke time outside of a friends house. I feel God has given me the talent of singing, so I need to use it for Him. I know others may look at that fact weird, but I believe my life needs to give glory for God in EVERYTHING I do :)
 Day 5 - Post favorite workout - ZUMBA® 
I found Zumba® at the end of 2010.  I lost 30 pounds throughout the year of 2011 with the help of Zumba®. I'm working on doing it again this year, as I put some of my weight back on during 2012.  It was a HARD year for me, and I discovered that I'm a stress eater, so I know when I need to watch what I'm eating to help me with the weight loss :) 
 Day 6 - Post your mood! - A little crazy! Day 6 included something I really didn't want to do...go to a singles gathering. I didn't mind going, it was what I would find there once I went.  My friend and I sat together texting back and forth, and finally got an out.  We went to dinner instead.  The evening turned out better than it began :)
 Day 7 - Post your weekend.  I decided to post a picture of my calendar.  It was actually filled on this particular weekend.  Notice Friday was payday and bill paying day.  Mary's birthday (my friend), the night we met for the gathering.  Then Saturday I had Zumba® and I cleaned the church that day instead of cleaning on Friday as I usually do.  Sunday school my lesson was on Joy.  Carrie Clutters sang in the morning, I was supposed to sing that night, but decided to make a change, as we are having missionary speakers for the next two weeks.  We like to give the opportunity for the missionaries to share in our service :)
 Day 8 - Post your favorite place.  Sitting in my daddy's green chair.  My dad sat in this old green chair when he was alive.  It's a security thing for me....just like having my security quilt with me. I have thought about getting a new chair because this one is not as comfortable as it used to be, but it's hard parting ways with it.
 Day 10 - Post something funny.  I had this picture saved in my phone of a conversation Ryan Gosling had about his cousin.  This cracked me up when I heard him telling this story :)  He's a very funny guy and really pretty too!





Day 11 - Post your favorite quote.  I could have chosen any verse in the Bible as my favorite quote, but I chose this one from the season finale of One Tree Hill.  It's quoted by Brooke Davis.  Why did I choose this one?  Because during the finale, my dad's health was declining.  God was teaching me about waiting upon the Lord. This quote reminded me that life is short.  God's timing is not always our timing.  We need to live our lives in a way that will please Him.  Here is the quote:


"If you had a friend you knew you'd never see again, what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be?  Say it, do it, don't wait.  Nothing last forever." - Brooke Davis
I do disagree with one thing in this statement.  God does last forever.  He is eternal, but our earthly life on earth will not last forever, so in a sense I think this statement can be something that I would use to quote, but I would probably explain it when I use it :)  I look forward to sharing the rest of my September Photo Challenge. Maybe I can get in the habit of posting something on here more frequently so that I can use this blog as a memorial...after all it is called DeeJay's Ebenezer Stone for that reason.  


No comments: