Friday, November 08, 2013

30 days of Thanksgiving - days 1 through 7

I guess I should have started this blog 7 days ago.  I forgot that I could add this here and allow it to be an easier way for me to see what I am thankful for.

Day 1 - I'm thankful for the privilege to worship the One True God! My favorite time of worship is church cleaning time.  Let's do this!

Day 2 - I'm thankful for Jesus.  He came to earth and died for the sins of the world.  He loved me when I was at my worst! 












Day 3 - I am thankful for my heritage.  My parents raised me in a Christian home and taught me about the most important relationship in my life...my relationship with Jesus as my Savior.  My dad preached the word for over 40 years and my mom led me to Jesus one cold winter night.  I'm thankful they taught me about Jesus so that I can teach my Sunday school kids about Him too!


Day 3 - Part 2 - I'm thankful for what God is doing at Gateway Baptist Church.  We had a young lady accept Jesus as her Savior this morning, her son was saved in VBS this year, they will be getting baptized next week.  A little boy who used to be in my Sunday school class was saved this week and will be baptized next week as well.  This afternoon, we had two others who came for membership (one based on experience and one by baptism - which will happen next week). We also heard of another little girl (who was saved in the last couple of months) asking to be baptized next week too.  During invitation, we had yet another person come forward for membership to our church (based on experience). Praise the Lord for all that He is doing in our church.

Day 4 - I am thankful for the ability to go to a job that can be of help in paying my bills. God supplies my needs, this job doesn't, but God led me to the job to help in paying my bills.  I am thankful God has led me to be here and need to be remember that this where He has me for this moment in time. 

Day 5 - I'm thankful for my big family. I  love having so many brothers and sisters.  It's fun to be with them. I'm looking forward to seeing them at "Buckeye Christmas" in a few weeks.







Day 6 - I'm thankful for my pastor - Scott Jenkins.   He is a man of integrity who preaches God's Word even if it may offend people because of sin in their lives. He has said he learned a lot from my dad - Charles Jayne, which is why his teaching reminds me of my dad.  I'm thankful for his biblical advice and counsel he is will to give.  The support that he gave me and my family during my dad's illness was very special to me.









 Day 7 - I'm thankful for contemporary Christmas music.  Music is a big part of my life.  I use it in my worship time with God, I consider it a background to moments of my life.  I have always been a fan of CCM, but having an experience when I had to make the decision to NOT listen to certain artists during my education has made me appreciate it more.  Realizing it is more than just listening to the music, but listening to the words and how they can impact my life and my relationship with God.  I'm thankful for the ability to sing these songs as part of my worship to God. HE gave me my voice, and I want to use it to glorify Him with it.

Praise the Lord, He can work through those who praise Him, Praise the Lord, For our God inhabits praise, Praise the Lord, For the chains that seem to bind us, Serve only to remind us, that they drop powerless behind us, when we praise the Lord.

Day 7 - Part 2 - I'm thankful for musicians like Tobymac, Chris August, Mandisa, Jamie Grace and Brandon Heath who come to a little city like Huntington to encourage us with amazing music! Love you all!!!


No comments: