Friday, August 22, 2014

September Thankful Challenge

I have been reading three books lately. I normally only like to read one book at a time, but two of them I'm using as a devotional study "The Power of God's Name" and "Praying Through the Names of God" by Dr. Tony Evans.  The other one is by him and his daughter Chrystal Hurst "Kingdom Woman."  Reading these books, have gotten me to think about life and my eternal purpose.  


Recently in the news, we heard about the suicide of actor and comedian Robin Williams.  Over the next several days, people on Facebook began writing different things about how they enjoyed watching the movies he did.  Others gave sympathy statements. One of my friends who something that got me to thinking.  
If you love someone...if you love them without prejudice...tell them.  Tell them often...whether it's your child, your significant other, relative, friend or the person who makes your favorite latte at the coffee shop.  Just tell them. Depression hides and does not discriminate.  Never know when it can make a difference. (Rajan Patel)
At first it was what he wrote and how I need to be treating the people in my life, but as God began to deal with me and my own life, I realized that any one of us could be like Robin and take their own life if they don't realize the reason for our purpose.  

This brings me to the two devotional books I'm reading.  The first name we read about in those books is ELOHIM (The Strong Creator God).  The reason this is the first name we read in those books is because it's the first one in the Bible.  Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning, God (ELOHIM) created the heavens and the earth."  Dr. Evans writes

That one line at the beginning of time reveals a deep character quality of God -- Creator.  It's God's introduction, His prelude.  It's the first impression of Himself that He offers to His creation.  In essence, God says, "Hello, I am Elohim."
God is the Creator of all things...including me!  Why did He create us?  Well, the short answer is for His pleasure.  I like that too.  Some people struggle with their purpose in life. I personally like the fact that God created me for His pleasure because it assures me that God likes me.  
He put his time and energy into making me the girl who see today. Crazy, goofy, fun-loving me!  I am unique.  My identity is in Him...which  makes me a Kingdom woman (a daughter of the King.  



Pondering Raj's quote over the past several days, helped me to come up with a September Thankful Challenge.  
Yes, I know November is the Thankful Month, but God is teaching me a lesson to be Thankful for the way He created me.  A few weeks ago, I was challenged to fight the #fatdemon by Chrystal Hurst by taking the #7daychallenge on Instagram.  I was able to complete it...not 7 days, but actually 12 or 13 days.  I think I missed the last day.  I was so excited that I completed something.  Well, God has been speaking to my heart about me being Created by Him.  Psalm 139, my favorite Psalm has a few verses I would like to share.  Verses 13 & 14 "For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb.  I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well."  I believe God wants each of us to praise Him and give glory for how He created us. I believe every one He created even those children who were miscarried or have died right after birth...God has a purpose for them...and He's getting the glory out of their short lives.  I want to be able to accept this challenge and have those who follow me be my accountability.  Help me to remember to post each day about what I'm thankful for in how God created me.  You may want to join me too.  Hint! Hint!  If you do, please use the hashtag #SeptemberThankfulChallenge so I can see how you are thankful for how God created you!

God is good...all the time! All the time...God is good! Let's celebrate the life that God has given each of us and give him praise and glory for it.  

No comments: