Monday, September 01, 2014

Day 1 #SeptemberThankfulChallenge

Day 1 of the #SeptemberThankfulChallenge - so excited to be able to share those things that Elohim has created in me that I'm thankful for. I know we need to appreciate who we are before others can appreciate us.  I want to be able to see myself in a different light and celebrate those things that are unique about me.  I may not have liked them my entire life, but remember I'm thinking about it in my Creator's eyes.  He created me for a purpose...He created me to enjoy Him and praise Him.  I need to remember to praise Him for how he created me uniquely.

For the first 10 days, I'm going to be focusing on physical attributes about me.  I want to be able to show there are 10 things that I have found about me that I want to praise the Lord. 

Today I want to be thankful for my eyes.  When people ask me what my favorite feature is about me...this is what I choose. I love the color of my eyes.  When I was younger, I used to hate my brown eyes.  I always wanted to have blue or even green.  As I grew older, I realized my brown eyes are not a normal brown eye. It's almost a Nestle's chocolate brown.  I have had two men who saw me with contacts and thought that they were a color contact, but I explained to them, my contacts were clear and that was my eye color that God gave me.  

Even though my eyes are not perfect vision and need the aid of glasses, I still like them and consider that they are my best feature.  And now I really like my new glasses to help with displaying my favorite feature.  I have had a lot of compliments about my new glasses, and since I think my eyes are my best feature...my new glasses bring others focus on what I consider to be my best feature.

So, what do you think your best feature is?  

No comments: