Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Day 3 - #SeptemberThankfulChallenge

Today, I want to thank God for my hair.  I'm a girl and I definitely have had some pretty bad hair days...however...over the years I have learned to love my hair and work with it.  Some days that means wearing my hair up and out of the way.  Other days its when I work with it, by curling it and letting it do what it wants. So I'm posting some picture of my favorite styles I have had over the years.

 Yes, this photo is of me as a little kid, but I love the color of my blonde hair.  As I grew older, it got darker. 

I have had my hair short and long.  This was one of my favorite cuts.  I had taken a picture of Rhianna to the salon and the girl cut my shoulder length hair to this short length.  So glad to know that I can do a short or long cut


This is one of my favorite pictures of my curls.  I was thankful to have a great hair day for this photo shoot.  My curls did everything that I wanted it to do.  









I also really like wearing it straight on days that it works well with me. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  For instance today, I ended up with my hair on top of my head in a bun, but I worked with it and went with it.  I have learned don't fight with your hair.  

I'm also one that doesn't like to use a hair dryer.  Since I do curl my hair (usually with curling iron), I don't want to add damage with the unnecessary heat.  But more recently I have purchased some new things to work with to curl my hair without heat.  That way I can stop doing damage to my hair.  

I also have learned to appreciate my hair because God made each of us uniquely.  I have a friend who is bald. Seriously just shaved his head several years ago and he looks normal.  In fact if he had hair now he would like weird.  But if I were bald, I would look weird.  I have a couple of knots on my head and if I'm thankful for my hair, I can be better at taking care of it and keeping it healthy.

No comments: