Monday, October 06, 2014

Day 15 - Day 30 - #SeptemberThankfulChallenge

I have been super busy working on a project for my nephew's 1 year birthday present.  So I wasn't able to finish this project, however I did get a chance to work on the project, but just didn't post my Thankful things!

Here we go...

Day 15 - I'm thankful for my weakness.  It's because I'm weak that Jesus can shine through me.  It's His strength that gets me through each day of challenges as well as the good days too.

Day 16 - I'm thankful for disappointments.  God doesn't give us EVERY that we want, but He gives us what is best for us. So when I face disappointments, I have to remember that it's because what I think is what I need...maybe isn't what I need and I have to remember that God's got this!

Day 17 - I'm thankful for the ways that God shows me out of temptation that come my way.  There is a way to not give into the sinful things that may bombard us.  

Day 18 -  I'm thankful for patience.  I know this is something that we are not to pray for because if we pray for them, God will allow trials to come our way.  But I know when my mom was in the hospital and I was concerned about how I would react to some of her questions. I wanted to be sure I was patient with her. I asked my sister to pray for patience as I helped with her care.  To not be frustrated when I didn't understand what she wanted to tell me. I still am able to ask different questions to get around to what she wants - which is good :) 

Day 19 - I'm thankful for new blessings.  There is a song by Laura Story called "Blessings."  This song as a line in it that hits me EVERY time. 
What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Is the revealing of a greater thirst this world can't satisfy
What if trials of this life
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights
Are your mercies in disguise

Remember that God sees the bigger picture.  Maybe He hasn't given you what you are praying for because He has something better for you...or that what you are praying for could cause distraction in your life and your relationship with Him!

Day 20 - I'm thankful for being homesick. This earth is not my home.  I'm a child of the King and I am awaiting for my real home - in Heaven.  My dad passed away in 2012.  I miss him every day and the more that I live my life here on earth, the more I long for my place in Heaven.  

The last 10 days of September were about the things I'm thankful for as a new creation - because I'm a christian!

Day 21 - my new creation - II Corinthians 5:17 - God makes all things new.  Yes, I still have my earthly body, but I have a new creation ... one that God sees as perfect.  Yes I will struggle with my fleshly desires, but I have God on my side and His strength is perfect.

Day 22 - my new comforter - the Holy Spirit was promised by Jesus in John 14.  He tells his disciples that He is leaving, but is sending a comforter for them.  We are included in this too!  Acts chapter 2 is where the Holy Spirit is sent.  The Holy Spirit is with me.  He prays for me when I'm unable to pray - Romans 8:26.

Day 23 - the mercy & grace that God has given me.  I know who I am.  I'm not worthy of a Savior.  But God gives mercy and grace and bestows it on those who accept his gift of salvation.  

Day 24 - my new desire - to be like Jesus.  I fail in the goal of being like Jesus, but my desire is the same.  I want to be like Him!

Day 25 - my light - I love the song "Let there be light" by Andy Mineo.  I was living in darkness until Jesus saved me.  I have a testimony about living in darkness, but Jesus showed me the way and now I can let my light shine to others.  Just as a city on the hill "Matt. 5:16"

Day 26 - my new communication - prayer.  Oh how I'm thankful for prayer.  If there is nothing else that I can do, I can pray for people.  I may not be able to give people my time, but I can pray for them. I can pray anywhere, anytime. I don't have to wait until a certain time during the day or week. I can even wake up at night and pray.

Day 27 - my new goal - live intentionally - I want to stop chasing after worldly things and redefine success as biblical success.  I want to make choices intentionally to bring me closer to God.

Day 28 - my new song - I sing because I want to bring glory to His name.  I love being able to sing at church. It's one of the ways I express by love to Him.

Day 29 - my new message - It's all about the gospel.  The death, burial and resurrection of Jesus.  He's the reason why I'm here.  I'm to be praise His name and proclaiming the gospel to others.  Romans 1:16

Day 30 - my new identity - I'm an alien - in this world, but not of it.  I have a residence in Heaven :) 

thanks for sparing me the lateness of this blog.  I can't wait to finish the project for my nephew.  Maybe for November I can do a photo Thankful challenge. 

Until next time.  




 


No comments: