Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Happy New Year - 2015 is here!

Wow! We made it to the future ... as in Back to the Future.  This was a cute movie, and it's funny to see the clothing and other things from the movie that have happened or have not happened.  I think my favorite was the clothing they had us wearing in that movie in the future. We are pretty much the same...I mean style has changed, but nothing too drastic like we imagined back in the 80's.

So, I have enjoyed this year so far.  I have some goals lined up for the year.  One I will be announcing at a later date, but for now I'll share the following with you.


  • Bible Reading/Bible Study
  • Healthier Living
  • Savings Plan
  • Organization
  • Unspoken (this one I can't reveal yet...)
Bible Reading/Bible Study - Bible Reading - I have decided to attempt again to read the Bible in a year. I struggle each year finishing this goal.  It's usually that I get behind and then never am able to catch up.  And of course, this year, I have gotten behind already, but I think I have my plan set up now and will be able to catch up.  Bible Study - I am meeting with some girls from my church each week and we are working with a book on studying the Bible and then we will implement what we have learned from it to actual books of the Bible.   I'm excited about this study and accountability.

Healthier Living - I have this on my list a lot, but was motivated to put it back on there this year, because mainly for the fact that I'm a Christian.  I should be treating my body better - after all it is where the Holy Spirit dwells.  I want to be able to do everything that I can do to treat it better.  I have been drinking a lot of water, and watching the types of food I'm eating.  So proud that I didn't give into the donuts brought into the office yesterday.  I still have chocolate, but just not a whole lot of it.  I  mean after all...a girl loves her chocolate.

Savings Plan - This year in April I will be paying my car off.  So I want to continue to do well with saving back my car payment amount or at least a portion to be able to work on getting some money saved up to be a better steward with the funds the Lord has allowed me to earn.

Organization Plan - This is mainly with my scrapbooking area, but it is all of my stuff upstairs in my room. I want to have a better plan of where everything is and making sure if it doesn't have a place it doesn't stay there.

Unspoken goal - Right now, I ask that you be praying about me stepping out of my comfort zone to try something toward a dream of mine.  I had a weird feeling the other day when I found out I got time off to take this step.  It was like...wow! this is really going to happen.  

So until next time...Keep praying!



No comments: